Hi Families!
Today students ice skated, celebrated the holidays together, and entered the world of blogging. You should have seen their faces, eyes wide open, fingers typing away, making that realization that their learning extends beyond the classroom with blogging. Seeing their excitement when learning the possibility of reading and commenting on one another's written thoughts was a great gift for me to experience.
We are using kidblog.org, an educational blogging site designed for schools. It is very safe and moderated completely by me. I currently have it set up that all posts and comments must go through me before being available, but they are not public. Their writing is only public to each other, and other class blogs that I link from other teacher friends around the area. Students only use first names and have been taught the basics of blogging, as well as the general ethics of what it means to put your words to print, or in this case, screen.
My next step is to figure out how to correctly add in families so you all can read and comment on the students words. I love authentic experiences like this! I will let you know when that happens!
I will add the link to our "links" page and I hope they all get on successfully tonight to blog for homework about Ice Skating! As always, any questions or concerns about anything- let me know!
Thanks everyone,
Jaclyn Karabinas
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please add comments or questions if you have them!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.