Hi all- Going to do this via email and blog since I am still getting the blog subscribing finalized for a few. Here are a few upcoming events, some are just FYI and some allow you to come in, if you want!
Ellis Island Simulation
On Friday morning from about 8:30-10, my class will do a simple, yet powerful simulation of immigrating through Ellis Island. If anyone wants to help out with this, let me know! You could be an examiner or guard, or something like that.
Ornaments
Grades 3 & 4 will collaborate to create 4 types of ornaments on Wednesday morning. We will be placing these in baskets around town for community members to take, as our way of spreading holiday cheer in Hampton Falls.
Class Party
I would like to do this Thursday, 12/22 from 1-2, which will be fun after a morning of skating! It does not have to be major- maybe a simple craft and/or game, hot chocolate and a treat? Could someone organize this/be the go-to person for this party for me?(I already have 1 box of 10 hot cocoa pouches.) Everyone is welcome to attend the party with us, if you want!
Innovation Day
Mrs. Elzey and I are collaborating with other Gr. 1-5 teachers around the Seacoast to experience “Innovation Day”, a day which celebrates the ideas and curiosities of young learners and allows them the chance to explore a topic/question/idea of choice3, and create their own learning for a full day, with teacher guidance. This used to be called ‘Fed-Ex’ day, and the idea is to encourage curiosity and innovation in students. We will be doing this on Tuesday, December 20 for the full day. I will keep you posted, as well as put up video/pictures on the blog!
Ancestry Projects-Due Wed 12/21
How is it going? The kids have been great about asking questions in class and gathering materials from me. Please encourage your child to reach out to me if they need something, have a question, or get stuck! Besides nightly reading, this is their primary homework- I am purposely keeping light on any other work so they can be immersed in learning about ancestry.
I know it is the time of year when there are not enough hours in the day. I feel it and I am sure you all do as well! One day at a time, we can do it! J
Jaclyn Karabinas
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please add comments or questions if you have them!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.