Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Some Important Updates!

Hi, everyone!

It's a beautiful fall, isn't it? I was just telling the students how I love the feeling at the start of fall- change, anticipation...And as it gets darker, I remind myself how much we need to hold onto positive feelings as the seasons change.  The beginning of the year holds so much positivity and the challenge is to hold on to that energy throughout the year.

Mid-Trimester Conferences
Please sign up for conferences if you haven't done so already. The schedule looks about 2/3 full. Remember that if none of those times work well for you, don't hesitate to let me know.  I can always figure it out! Click here to access the conference schedule.

Biography/Social Studies/Technology Project
We have spend so much of our learning time over the past month learning the content and skills we need to complete our Biography project successfully!  Students have had a variety of lessons to reach the "I can" goals I discussed in the last post.

We have reviewed the project expectations many times and revisit the rubric often.  This week we will review how to include our writing in an organized way on the "Glog" by using text features such as bullet points and listed phrases.  Many of the students are filling their Glogs with paragraph text and while I was pleased to see how well they are doing with complete sentences and paraphrasing, a poster does not really need to be completely done in that form.  Students can also record audio of their voice recording a section of text directly in the Glog.  I will reiterate that they can do a variety of things to include the information besides just typing it in.

The original due date was Friday, November 1.  I am going to move this to Monday, November 4, though I am sure many students can finish by the 1st.  I just feel that one extra weekend might help them do their best.

Their "Wax Museum" presentation will be on Wednesday, November 6 from 10:45-11:30. Please come and see the finished projects and performers! If you cannot attend, no worries! I will video for you. Costumes do not need to be elaborate- simple is the word!

Any questions? You know where to find me!

Jaclyn Karabinas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments or questions if you have them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.