And that's Norah! She is a good, good baby. I hope you all get to meet her! Personally, my life has been all about Norah. Professionally, I continue to seek out new opportunities to connect with educators around world and find ways to improve classroom practices and innovate professional development. In December, I will be presenting at the Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference about using Edmodo for the blended classroom and will be facilitating discussions regarding online and face-to-face learning communities for teachers to "de-isolate" our profession. I spend a great deal of time studying the Common Core to able to help myself and others understands its call, piece together my thoughts on my professional blog, and plan carefully to balance the integration of arts and technology in the classroom.
Well, this is the longest time period ever in my life that I wasn't "working" (well, I was definitely scolded by my husband for dabbling in quite a few school related projects over my leave... :) ) and it was wonderful but strange! I felt connected to the kids over my leave on Edmodo and by talking with Jill (the world's greatest gift me as to a teacher needing a maternity leave!) and we start it allllll over again in just a few weeks.
Please enjoy the last few weeks with the kids and help them to slowly begin waking up their brains for the year. Beginning to s-l-o-w-l-y reinstate any reading routines, fact practice/review, and writing (whether paper/pencil or on Edmodo!) will help.
So many exciting things are to come this year- namely the unveiling of Google Apps for Education at LAS which I am so thrilled about since I had been teaching this class how to use them through my own account. I have been pushing for this because it breaks down classroom walls for the kids, creating an environment they need and deserve for creating/collaborating on documents in 2013.
My goals for this class this year are to help them become model citizens in the school for balancing the use of arts and technology, learning to collaborate effectively on-line and face-to-face, and continuing to know, appreciate, and respect themselves and each other as learners.
I will send them a message AND a survey on Edmodo soon- please remind them to check in a few times over the coming weeks. I will also send out a brief survey for PARENTS here and for STUDENTS on Edmodo. While I have a new component of my life with Norah, know that I will always be 100% dedicated to the students and their learning.
Best,
Jaclyn Karabinas






No comments:
Post a Comment
Please add comments or questions if you have them!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.